International ESOL qualifications
The LanguageCert International ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) suite of qualifications is the ideal choice for anyone seeking to certify their English language skills with global recognition. These certifications evaluate all 4-skills and are fully mapped to the CEFR A1 to C2 levels.
LanguageCert is an Awarding Organisation recognised by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), while its LanguageCert International ESOL qualifications are regulated by Ofqual in the UK and recognised in many other countries around the world.
LanguageCert’s team of internationally-acclaimed academics ensure the high quality and reliability of certification.
Why choose LanguageCert International ESOL exams?
- Separate Written Exams (Listening, Reading, Writing) & Spoken Exams (Speaking), leading to two separate certificates. Exams can be taken together or separately.
- Exams available in Paper and Computer-based
- Focus on communication skills, i.e. little exam-specific preparation is required. Grammar & Vocabulary are integrated in the Listening, Reading & Writing sections and not examined separately.
- Candidates examined individually during Speaking, so they can perform at their best.
- Impartiality guarantee: the Spoken exam is conducted by a qualified Interlocutor, who does not do the assessment, which ensures impartiality.
- Speaking re-marking available: the speaking session is recorded and marked by qualified LanguageCert Examiners at a later stage, while the recording also ensures possibility of re-marking.
- Pass mark: 50% on average in the Written exam; 50% in the Spoken exam.
- Fast results and certificates issuing:
- Results & e-certificates up to 10 days after the exam
- Hard-copy certificates shortly after results release
- Life-long certificate validity
- Certificate validity verification online at languagecert.org
- 24/7/365 excellent Customer Service
LanguageCert is an Awarding Organisation (UK no. 09620926) dedicated to providing exceptional language skills assessment and certification services worldwide. It is a member of PeopleCert, a global leader in the certification industry, that has been delivering millions of exams in 200 countries.
LanguageCert develops its own language qualifications and partners with renowned organisations worldwide to offer high-quality language skills assessment and certification to the global learners’ community. For the delivery of its own qualifications, as well as for examinations delivered in collaboration with its partners, LanguageCert deploys state-of-the-art, innovative and flexible exam administration technologies and systems developed by PeopleCert, which are tailor-made to each exam’s specific requirements.
LanguageCert is committed to serving its network of Approved Test Centres, and all language schools and teachers who prepare students for LanguageCert qualifications to world class standards. Its qualifications’ quality is continuously monitored and verified by an Advisory Council of world leading academics.
Qualifications in other languages
LanguageCert also assesses language skills in professional Spanish, in alliance with Cursos Internacionales de la Universidad de Salamanca, offering the LanguageCert USAL esPro tests, and in Turkish, in partnership with Ankara Üniversitesi TÖMER, LanguageCert AÜ TÖMER TürkYet.
PeopleCert is a global leader in the assessment and certification of professional and language skills, developing and managing globally recognised qualifications and delivering related standardised exams on behalf of governments, corporations, professional associations, educational institutions and other certification awarding bodies. PeopleCert delivers exams globally, through its state-of-the-art assessment technology, enabling professionals and learners to reach their full potential and realise their life ambitions.
PeopleCert today maintains certification programmes on behalf of a wide range of organisations, including the ECDL Foundation, AXELOS (joint venture between the UK Cabinet Office and Capita plc. for the Global Best Practice portfolio including ITIL® and PRINCE2®), the DevOps Institute and others.